Whether you're looking for a purpose-built flat on campus or a shared house with fellow students, we'll ensure that you get all the advice and support you need to feel at home.
Creating a home away from home enriches your university life, allowing you the space and comfort to work, to socialise and to relax. Falmouth offers a variety of affordable accommodation options, from high-spec student flats to private sector housing. Located in the vibrant communities of Falmouth and Penryn, all our accommodation offers easy access to both campuses, a huge range of facilities, public transport links and, of course, the Cornish coastline right on your doorstep.
Glasney Student Village
At the heart of Penryn Campus, Glasney Student Village is a purpose-built complex that benefits from a host of on-campus facilities. It's also a stone's throw from Penryn and a short bus ride to Falmouth.
Located within walking distance of both Penryn Campus and the town itself, this new development is next to Penryn station, providing easy access to both Falmouth and Truro.
Situated in the heart of Falmouth, with Falmouth Campus, Wellington Terrace, the beaches and many shops just a short walk away, Tuke House is an ideal blend of comfort and convenience. This purpose-built cluster of 11 buildings set around a central courtyard contains 156 rooms, divided into flats of five, each with a shared kitchen and living space.
Private sector accommodation
For those looking to live in private accommodation, Falmouth and Penryn offer a wide choice of shared houses, flats and lodgings. Our Accommodation Office can help you with all the information you need to find a great room at an affordable price, including links to lettings agents and details of our Accommodation Fair.
Pointers to help you search for private sector accommodation
- Work out what you can afford - prices will vary so make sure you have done your sums!
- Work out what you need - not all rooms and houses are created equal so compile a short list of 'must haves'
- The contract - ensure you are clear about the length of tenancy, the deposit required and the bills you will be paying
- Take a visit - spend a day or two getting to know Falmouth so you can make an informed decision about which area you want to live in
- Ask a friend - you can talk to current students on our Facebook community, who will be able to offer advice based on their own experiences facebook.com/falmouthuni
Our Accommodation Office website includes information about applying for student residences, a regularly updated list of private rented accommodation, advice about insurance, council tax for students and house hunting.